- In Person and Live Streamed including St. John Lutheran Church and School Eagle Point Facebook
- December 23, 2020 6pm Christmas Song Service
- December 24, 2020 Candle Light 7:00 pm Service
- December 25, 2020 Christmas Morning 10:30 am Service
- December 29, Wednesday Evening 6:00pm Worship Service
- December 31, 2020 New Years 7:00 pm Eve Worship w/communion
May 13, 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
As promised, our St. John Lutheran Church and School Leaders met on line for our regular PPC meeting Tuesday May 12, 2020.
The main work for this meeting was to discuss when and how we will resume gathering for worship that we chose to pause for a time to protect each other from spreading the Covid–19 virus.
Many of you have asked when we can resume worship and many of you have expressed your preference to wait a while longer. The following plan was developed and approved for the consideration of every perspective held.
The Council chose a two-form approach to Sunday worship beginning this Sunday, May 17th with 8:00am and 10:30am service times.
It was also decided to alternate between indoor and outdoor services each week. Our first indoor service is scheduled for May 17th, and our first outdoor/in car Worship service is scheduled for Sunday, May 24th. This will provide more distance for those who may not be ready to gather inside in groups, allowing for in car and on lawn seating as weather provides.
Since we are limited to no more than 25 people in a single gathering, we may be able to offer God’s worship to more people at one time with in car parking and on lawn during the same service time.
Each approach comes with a set of criteria for safe gathering and will be a test of our faith and peace of mind. But God is the giver of each according to our need and His ability.
In Door Worship
- Two Services: 8am and 10:30am, with cleaning in between
- Services will be live streamed at 10:30am for those who would prefer not to gather at this time.
- Members RSVP for 19 seats per service
- Leave 3 open seats marked for guests
- Leave 3 seats for pastor, tech and musician
- Each individual/family should maintain 6ft of distance between other individuals/families at all times.
The following practices will be in place for the near future
- We are asking everyone to follow normal health precautions and anyone has had a fever in the previous 72 hours to stay home.
- Hand sanitizer will be at the front entrance door. Those who wish to wear masks are welcome to do so.
- The Front entry door will be open as people arrive (to limit handling). The door will be closed by usher when service starts and left unlocked. Before worship is finished the usher will then open the door.
- Communion will be set out by one person and set on communion rail.
- No food or drinks will be served.
- Offering plate will be at the altar rail where you may place you offering during communion.
- We will celebrate the sacrament of the altar each time we gather to make sure everyone has the chance regardless of what Sunday service you attend.
- Our custodian has cleaned before 8am service prior to Sunday
- All common surfaces will be cleaned between services. Please let pastor know if you wish to help in this task.
Outdoor / In Car Worship
- Invite people to bring family canopies and lawn chairs to set up at a distance.
- We are still limited to 25 people gathering on the lawn in chairs, but are not limited to a particular number of people in cars according CDC Guidelines, which recommend a car space distance between cars.
- Those who would like to sit on the lawn in chairs are asked to RSVP to the church office
- Those who are remaining in their vehicles do not need to RSVP. Those in cars who wish to receive Communion should turn on their flashers at the beginning of communion and turn them off after they have received it.
- We want to check out FM Transmitter for the future, but have plenty of power for audio for the time being
- Trying outside is a great way to ease some people into gathering.
Some will stay home when worship is indoors and be blessed with Streaming and will be able to participate at St. John when Worship is outdoors.
We asked many questions that all focused on safety for all and the realization that this may take a while to sort out.
If you have any ideas to add to our understanding as we walk together in faith, please call, email ideas and questions to email@example.com or 541-531-4100.
God bless you and please contact us for which service you would most likely attend and if you are flexible and able to shift if one service gets filled fast.
Peace in Christ,
Pastor Gary Clark for PPC